What is Google business listing?
Google My Business is a free tool that helps small businesses create and manage their Google listings, which appear when customers find businesses on Google Search and Maps. It helps business attract new customers and share information about what makes them special. By listing on your business on Google, businesses can appear right when people search for products or services they offer, allowing interested customers to learn more or get in touch with them.
You can list your business on Google in 5 simple steps:
- Go to Google My Business to sign-up and create a new listing
- Enter Your Business Name and Address in the Search Box. Select a listing if it appears amongst the suggested matches, or create a new one and provide the necessary information
- Verify Your Business: Google will verify that your business is located where you say that it is. You will have to wait for 1-2 weeks for a postcard with a verification PIN
- Complete verification and start sharing latest information
How do i add business to Google maps?
Today one of the most common ways that people find new businesses in their area is through Google and Google Maps. If a business you own or manage isn't in Google Maps, you can add your business to google maps by listing using Google My Business. Once you’ve verified your business, you can edit google business listing and other information’s like address, contact information, category, and photos. You can add your business on Google Maps with the following steps:
- Determine if you have a Google Account
- Type in www.google.com/business to go to Google My Business
- Enter your business name and address into the search bar to find your business on Google Maps.
- Click on the blue hyperlink “Add your business”.
How you can edit Google business listing?
Make sure that your business information on Google is accurate and up-to-date by editing your Google My Business listing. You can change your address, hours, contact info, and photos to help potential customers find you and learn more about your business.
To edit your business Google listing, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears.
- To remove a section, next to the section, click Remove
- Removing information, you’ve previously added could take up to 60 days.
- You cannot remove information that’s also publicly available or from other sources.
- You cannot edit editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business.
- Click Apply.
How to remove Google business listing from Google?
You can remove Google business Listing if you no longer want to use it to manage locations. If you’re no longer responsible for a set of locations in an account, transfer ownership of the account rather than delete it. There are going to be several possible scenarios and cases for why a business owner might want to go ahead and remove business from Google.
- Login to Google My Business Account
- Click on Manage Location
- Switch to GMB Classic Menu
- Select and GMB listing you want to remove
- Delete GMB listing
Once you have submitted your request, Google will review the suggestion. If Google’s team approves the change, it will be removed. You may receive an email about the status of your request, as well as questions about the request. These steps will work whether you own the listing or not.